“It’s the fourth of Juulyyy and I’m ready to pop these fire crackers, don’t pop em on me.”
In the midst of that hot July air, you can almost see the excitement in each instagram enthusiasts face as we each light up a sparkler and attempt to catch the perfect 4th of July selfie without getting burned. As for the trend devotee that I am, I find that unfortunately the 4th of July has some of the same content on instagram as far as fashion goes.
Come on, you know EXACTLY what I’m talking about.
The perfect crop top, high waisted shorts, gladiator sandals or high top converse and maybe just maybe, you find the perfect american flag headband to top off your entire outfit. If this is you, there is NO shame. (Only because in all actuality I just described ONE of my entire outfits for that night.) But, this year, I decided to look for a few different looks for every occasion. I wanted to challenge the “Americana Look” for something that accentuates every type of style no matter where you’re headed this 4th of July. Whether you’re just having a beach/pool day, it’s the first backyard BBQ you’re having with your boyfriend’s family, or just shooting some fireworks while drinking some beers at a friends house.
So, I asked my friend Fernanda, to accompany me in finding outfits that scream “FOURTH OF JULY” without actually screaming, “FOURTH OF JULY”(we all had that one Old Navy T-shirt)…
Below I styled a few outfits that include our lovely trend, “the choker” from my last post and the off the shoulder look that can be found just about everywhere this summer!
All these outfits were based on level of comfort so we rated each outfit by comfort, and look and versatility!
Below is what we came up with! SURPRISE: ALLLLLLL these pieces are under $50!
The LOW DOWN: Carol
Top: Ross, Denim Skirt: Aeropostale, Bandana: I got mine at Camp! (S/o to the black team) but Forever 21 has a few colors! Converse: DSW, Ray-Ban: Sunglass Hut Lipstick: Mac FYI: (Russian Red looks awesome on all skin tones)
- Comfort: 7 (comfortable undergarments are a must)
- Versatility: 9 (easy to wear other pieces with skirt -bathing suit top, crop top any shoes ect.)
- Style: 10 (love how simple it is to put together)
OVERALL: 26/30 so a 9 in my book
The LOW DOWN: Fernanda
Dress: Brazil (a vaguely similar dress can be found on ASOS this one is for curvy gals but I believe they have it in sizes 1-10 as well) Hat: Vintage ( we found a cute one online at Swimoutlet.com! they also have red, and black!) Shoes: Vintage ( Fergie’s line has cute wooden platforms under 40$! )
Rating: Outfit 1 then Outfit 2
- Comfort: 10 ( suuuupperr comfy- Fernanda) 8 (the length bothered her a bit and the off the shoulder trend was a little frustrating to pull down all the time)
- Versatility: 10 (easy to pair with a basic t-shirt, you can also dress it with a one-piece, dress it up, dress it down! all around easy) 7– easy to wear but not as easy with different pieces.
- Style: 10 & 10 (a lot easier when you have things to pair them both with)
OVERALL : Outfit 1- 30/30 (10) Outfit 2- 25/30 (8)